Thursday, May 6, 2010

Swimming in May? YOU BET!

So, it's now May, and many of you know that we are use to crappy weather until about July in the Northwest.  It's pretty unreliable.  It'll be sunny and 70 one day and a full on snow storm the next.  One of the best thing about living in the south is the weather!!! It's been 90 for the last few days. 

We went over to my parents house and we were going to let Chloe and CJ cool off in the pool.  We looked down at the little pool that Chloe had so much fun in last Spring/Summer and it literally looked like a tea cup saucer!!! So we were off to find something bigger!  I went into Walmart and pretty much picked up the 1st one we saw, got it home, and while looking at it we decided it was way too small.  Mom was on a mission!  She came home with a 3 1/2 ft by 12ft pool that holds 1500 gallons of water.  Not only can the babies be in, but we can too! Chloe was even able to entice her Nana (well, it didn't take too much persuasion) to get in the pool as it was filling and then proceeded to hose her down!! I haven't laughed that hard for a very long time!!  

We spent all day yesterday in the pool splashing around.  CJ sat on a little floaty turtle and Chloe wore one of those swimsuits with a life jacket built right in.  She wasn't so sure about floating at first.  In fact she freaked when I started laying her on her back to float, but after about 1/2 of coaching and encouraging she had a death grip around her princess ring and was kicking around the pool like a pro!

So, when it's in the 90's, you'll know where me and the kids will be.  Now if I could only get mom to serve me Margarita's pool side..
Bring on the POOL!!!  Chloe swimming in 2 inches of water.

I can't believe I'm posting a picture of me in a swimsuit!! UGGGHHH...Don't judge:)

No comments:

Post a Comment